The Lift Garage Mission
The Lift Garage offers people a vehicle out of poverty by:
- Providing low-cost quality car repair;
- Offering skilled job training in the field of auto mechanics;
- Connecting with community partners to strengthen the support network; and
- Linking customers with other needed resources.
The Mobile Technician position requires the following duties:
- Driving The Lift Garage van around the Twin Cities metro area to assess customer vehicles.
- Inspecting and evaluating vehicles
- Use critical thinking skills to determine what tests and other inspections need to be run to do an effective assessment of the vehicles.
- Maintain professional communication and boundaries with customers.
- Accurately document each assessment and effectively communicate with both the customer and service writer.
- Keep the vehicle and other work areas clean
- Other duties as assigned
The Technician position requires the following duties:
- Working as an automotive technician in the shop when not out in the mobile van.
- Maintains condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components.
- Verifies vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives.
- Follows all applicable local, state, and federal laws regarding hazardous waste and operation of a motor vehicle.
- Maintains vehicle records by recording service and repairs, in conjunction with service writer.
- In collaboration with the Executive Director, keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance; calling for repairs.
- Keeps the shop organized and clean by cleaning, sorting, filing and other duties when not working on vehicles.
- In keeping with the mission of The Lift Garage, provides repairs that are as low cost as possible while still ensuring safety and drivability of the vehicle.
- Effectively communicates with the volunteers and service writers to ensure proper parts are ordered.
- Punctuality and good attendance expected
- Background and/or education in auto repair
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent judgment
- Strong Communication Skills
FT position Tuesday-Saturday daytime hours.
Compensation: $16/hr plus full benefit package.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to Cathy Heying, [email protected]